The Liebster award is a chain award that was created by bloggers and is a tradition to make new friends in the blogging community.
I was nominated by The Bookish Angel. Thank you so much! I am very new to the blogging community so this is pretty exciting for me!
Here are the rules:
– Link back to the person who nominated you
– Give 11 random facts about yourself
– Answer 11 questions from your nominator
– Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers
– Come up with 11 questions for them to answer
– Inform your nominees
First things first here are 11 facts about me!
1. I started my bookstagram 2 months ago and I already have 1000+ followers which is totally insane!
2. I love running. (Hence I participate in Cross Country, track, and I’m training for a half marathon!)
3. I currently reside in the midwest.
4. I am 18 years old.
5. I basically live at target.
6. I am majoring in photography when I start college in the fall.
7. The first “real” chapter book I ever read was Flicka.
8. I rearrange my bookshelf almost everyday.
9. I can never keep my room clean.
10. I am the worst procrastinator.
11. My favorite shows are Supernatural, Chasing Life, and The Fosters.
Questions from Angel:
1. What made you decide to run a book blog?
I decided to run a book blog because after watching Sasha Alsberg’s YouTube videos and seeing her instagram I wanted to get back into reading so what better way to do than than join so I made my bookstagram and then made this blog so I can post reviews of books I’ve read.
2. What is the story behind your blog title?
Well, my blog title is “Read by Amanda Reviews” and I made it that because the username that I use on instagram was already taken so I just added “reviews” at the end.
3. If you are celebrity and you are given the opportunity to have a movie and be the main character of the book to movie adaptation, which book and main character would you choose?
Alienated by Melissa Lander hands down. Who doesn’t want to be the one kissing Aelyx? Am I right? *insert smirking emoji here*
4. Spill the beans: how much money do you spend in buying books? Like, in every haul or monthly or if you want yearly.
Honestly I’m not sure, but I’m guessing around $20 or $30 give or take. (All I know is my wallet is taking a beating.)
5. Does your family read?
My grandma is probably the only one who reads avidly, but my mom can knock out a book in no time if she has the time.
6. When did you realize you are an avid reader?
Back in middle when I used to read my friends books for them for class and then my own reading assignments. (Let’s just ignore the fact that I cheated for them. Middle school me was clearly rebellious).
7. If you could kill a fictional character who would it be and why?
need I say more?
8. What was the last thing you did before writing this blog post?
Ironically I posted another blog post.
9. If you could steal a style from a fictional character who would it be and why?
Can I steal a fictional boyfriend instead? Because that would be Aelyx.
10. Pick one: coffee, tea, hot chocolate.
Coffee, I need my caffeine. I’ll never be able to function without it, especially after staying up late reading (or writing this blog post.)
11. Do you write?
Yes I love writing poetry! I even want to write a YA book someday!
Bloggers I nominate :
Lilian at Lilians Books
Talina at Sassy and Dangerous
Anna at Cozymidnights
thebookjarblog at The Book Jar Blog (I didn’t see your names so I apologize that I don’t have them listed!)
Sarah at Commas and Ampersands
Fash at fashinator1985
springtime_books at Spring Time Books (Now sure how easy this would be on insta, but hey it’s worth a shot 🙂 )
Kiki and Amanda at The Book Craft
Octoberwomen at October Women
Kristin at Simply Bookish Things
Adrienne at The Aimless Review
[Please let me know if I have any names or anything spelled wrong or any correct information so I can correct it! Happy blogging!]
Maryam at leodinzlyandra
Katherine at A Book And Beyond
Czarmaine at Bookish Bananas
Laura at Laurareads95
Maura at The Emotional Life of Books
Rita at booksandrita
Mikaela at Mainely Maven
Nasima at I’m Bookrella
And now for my questions to you!
1. What is your most anticipated read of this year?
2. What author do you most want to meet?
3. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life which would you choose?
4. How often do you try to post on your blog?
5. When did you start blogging?
6. Buddy the elf, whats your favorite color?
7. Have you ever stayed up all night to finish a book?
8. What is one weird habit that you do?
9. What is one book that everyone has read but you haven’t?
10. What is your favorite place to eat out?
11. Have you ever thought of writing your own book?